Thursday 8 May 2014

kids now a day...

I don't really know how to say about kids now-a-days... ...
Whether they are very lucky or they are very spoiled... ...
I believed that many people out there will agreed to me.

Now, let me ask you a question... ...
Have you seen a child on the MRT without an Ipad; Iphone; samsung smartphone or samsung tab?
Have you seen a child stop crying because his/her mom gave her the smartphone or Ipad?

I bet some of you would have said yes.

Kids now-a-days are really lucky or spoiled because back when I was young, I don't even have those things.
I would never cry for a smartphone to play because I wanted.
Those things were not even invented back then.

On facebook, there have been a lot of posts and photos saying how children play with a comparison of the past and the present.
We all know how the technology have affected the way our children learnt, play and behaved.
So, why do we still do it?
Is it because it is very convenient? Is it because it is the fastest way? Or is it because we are just spoiling our kids?

I realized that it is a very serious problem when I saw how my cousins behaved in-front of the smartphone.
Back when the technology has not been so advance, they would be snatching toys (physical toys) but now, they would be snatching the Ipad or smartphone.
Some would even go to their mother begging for the smartphones. (If the mother didn't give it to him/her, he/she would make a big fuss about it.)
Once they have obtain the Ipad or smartphone, they would immediately stop and all the kids in the room would be crowding around the technology.
I bet it has been a scene for most of us that we stop wondering why.

Technology has become an amazing thing.
With a tap on the screen, we could access to almost everything. Like shows, emails, games and many more.
But what have it take away from us, reliability, communication, behavior... ...
Looking at the kids-now-a-days, makes me think what would happen to the future?
Would I be like the mothers giving the Ipad to my child so that he/she would stop crying?
Or would I be the mothers back then and being my child to the playground to have fun under the sun.

Think about it.
I have seen some really ridiculous kids that would go very far just so they could obtain the technology.

There was one time that I was riding the train and was playing a game on my phone. (I was sitting down)
Then at one of the stops, a group of kids entered the train.
Immediately, they saw me playing my game, they crowed around me like nobody's business. (by-the-way, their parents are there.) At first, their parents pulled them apart. But, things just got worst. They stayed away for awhile but then, one of the kid couldn't stand it and squeezed in-between me and an other guy just so he could watch what I was playing. His parents were shocked and immediately, they pulled him away and gave him their phone to play. The boy finally stop bothering other people and played quietly. Just when he started playing, his siblings crowed around him so that they could watch. (Does this happen before? I mean when there is no this type of technology children don't crowd around one another to watch what they are playing right? They would be asking the person whether they could play it or not and not what he/she is playing.)

Kids have really changed a lot.
I have not seen kids playing sports anymore, or the playground.

How I wish that one day, kid would get to see children playing catching on the walkway, playing knights with their plastic bottles and just shouting and running with no reason.
Instead, burying their heads on the smartphone that they got from their mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top